Monday, November 27, 2017

Week 18

Hello friends and fam!

I hope you’re all doing great wherever you’re reading this from. Another crazy week here! Transfers are finally here and I got the news on Saturday that I am going to be a “father”!  Now it’s not what you think (lol), when we are called to be a trainer in the mission you are considered the “father” of your new missionary.  I’m pretty sure every mission calls it that, but just to clarify.  So yeah, I’m going to be training a brand new missionary straight out of the gates of my own training.  Kinda crazy, right?  At least for this mission it is.  I’m really really excited but also nervous for this new opportunity.  To be honest, I really don’t feel 100% ready to train a new missionary when I still feel so new myself, but everyone tells me that everyone feels that way when they are called to train, regardless of their time in the mission.  Now not only am I training, but I am also opening the second area here in Obrero Ward, Obrero 2.  Elder Bayona and I have had both areas for the past 12 weeks, but most of our work has been in Obrero 1, so I don’t have an abundance of people to start working with.  It’s going to be a challenge at first, but that is what I like and am excited for.  I feel a huge sense of responsibility for this area I’ve been given, and for the chance I have to teach a new missionary.  I’m ready to get to work.

One interesting thing about training here in my area, is that it’s guaranteed that I’m going to be here in Sullana three more months.  So it looks like I’m going to be spending 6 months of my mission in Sullana!  Wow, 1/4th of my mission.

As for the rest of my week, is wasn’t too eventful.  On Saturday we had our big “Ilumina el Mundo” or “Light the World” activity with all the members from the stake of Sullana.  We all gathered together in the centro de Sullana with all the members, missionaries, and leaders of the stake, and did the light the world initiative.  We invited everyone in the centro to come and watch little videos from the Church about Christmas and listen to us sing hymns. We actually gathered a pretty big crowd of people. It was a really good opportunity for people to learn a little about why we celebrate Christmas and to help them remember Christ.  Even though it wasn’t like a sacrament meeting or other organized church event, there was still a really strong spirit there with all those people.  It was a really cool and fun experience.  It was fun to talk with all the people there and learn more about what is important to them.

I’m sorry I don’t have more to report on!  I’m sure I will have more next week.  I’m so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord at this time in my life.  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of God with all my heart. If any of you are looking for a testimony of the Church, or looking to strengthen it, read the Book of Mormon!  The Book of Mormon can answer any question that we have.  It is such a powerful book and I know that it is the word of God.  It can help all of us in our lives.  As it says in the introduction to the Book of Mormon:  “We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to power in their hearts the message it contains and then ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true.  Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost.  Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah.”

Wow what a promise.  I invite you all to read the Book of Mormon every day and to book for the changes it will bring to your testimony and your life.

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving back home!  It is sad to miss moments with all of you back home, but it’s pretty minimal when I think of all the good that we are doing here.   I love being a missionary!

¡Auanza su Verdad!

Elder Bailey   #TCOB  #TakeNote













No comments:

Post a Comment

The End of an Adventure

Well, it has been a crazy, and heart-wrenching week. I am honestly without words. I never expected there to be more tears in returning ...