Monday, December 11, 2017

Week 20

Hey Everyone!

I don’t have a ton of things to write about this week, as a lot of days I was stuck in the room sick, but I’ll share a few fun things we did. :)

On Monday for P-day we went to Paita! Paita is about 45 minutes west of Sullana, and it’s a port city. It was pretty cool to finally see the ocean, and another part of Northern Peru in general. The part we were in was Elder Bayona’s old area, so we visited some of his converts and watched a movie with them. It was a pretty fun P-day. I wouldn’t mind serving in Paita at some part of my mission. It’s super cool.

On Thursday we had a Christmas activity with all the missionaries of Sullana. We made a bunch of little treat bags and took them to some kids who were in a nearby hospital. We talked with them, played games, and sang some Christmas songs. It was cool to see their faces light up and be happy even though they were sick or badly injured. We also borrowed a Santa Clause costume from one of our members, and for some reason everyone voted me to be Santa, lol. I thought I was going to die from heat stroke in that thing, but it was fun to pass out all the candy to the kids in a giant (and kinda creepy) Santa costume. Most of the little kids were terrified of me, haha, but it was still fun. 

As far as the work in our own area, we are seeing lots of success! I feel like the Lord is really blessing us right now. It feels like almost every door we knock we are able to find someone who is ready to receive us. In just under two weeks of being here in this area, Elder Huarcaya and I have been able to see 11 people accept dates to follow the example of Christ and be baptized. Now, as we know, usually not everyone who accepts a date ends up being being baptized, but we are going to do everything we can to help them progress towards baptism. I know with the help of the Lord, anything is possible. I’m so grateful for this success that we are seeing, and I know it is a result of our desire to work hard and find people to share the gospel with. We are going to continue to work hard and hopefully more success will follow. 

I’m sorry I didn’t have more to write about! I promise I’ll have more next week. :) 

Have a great week!

¡Avanza su Verdad!  #takenote

Elder Bailey





















No comments:

Post a Comment

The End of an Adventure

Well, it has been a crazy, and heart-wrenching week. I am honestly without words. I never expected there to be more tears in returning ...