Thursday, January 3, 2019

Week 75

Quick update on the week:

Christmas was good! We spent most of the day with the other elders from our room taking turns calling the fam. It was so awesome to get to talk with my family and see that they’re all doing great. I love and miss you guys! The rest of the day we spent getting rid of the hundreds of extra “Light the World” pass along cards by heading over to the main plaza and literally contacting everyone in sight. After a good hour or so, we were able to get rid of every single one of those bad boys. We just didn’t want those cards to sit and collect dust in the supply closet for the next 12 months. We finished off the day with the most Peruvian Christmas dinner we could think of: Pollo a la brasa and some Inca Kola. It was pretty solid.

The highlight of this week was a work visit that I went on with my guy Elder Pincock in his area of Zorritos. Zorritos is a little beach city about an hour south of Tumbes. It reminded me a lot of my old area, La Cruz, but it’s a little more touristy, so it was a little bit nicer. We worked hard, found a few new cool people to teach, had some good convos and studies on the beach, and ate some over-priced but tasty Columbian Pizza. It as super fun and we made some good memories.

Happy New Year! As 2019 rolls in, I realize that I am hitting the home stretch of my mission. I honestly can’t believe how fast time is moving. I’m so grateful for my mission and for the man it is making me. It really is the best thing I have ever done in my life, and I really just want to give everything I’ve got these last 6 months, and have no regrets. Gotta finish strong! 

I love you all.

Avanza Su Verdad!

Elder Bailey

Alma 26: 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

The End of an Adventure

Well, it has been a crazy, and heart-wrenching week. I am honestly without words. I never expected there to be more tears in returning ...