Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Week 78 - Cambios!

Tenemos cambios! After a good run in Tumbes (7 and a half months), I have finally been transferred! I have been shipped back down to Piura in a sector called Castilla, in the ward “Los Pinos”. My new companion is Elder Morgan from St. George, and he is a really cool dude. He is in the same group as my last comp, Elder Westergard. so we both have some experience in the mission and we’re both ready to work. Something interesting about him is that his mom is from the Philippines, and if you know anything about the culture there, you know that they don’t use toilet paper. Elder Morgan told me that there’s a phrase that says to “never shake a Philippino man with your left hand”, because that’s what they use to clean themselves after they use the bathroom. So, yeah, kinda interesting. You can bet that I’ll be making sure that he washes those hands real good, lol. But overall I’m super excited to be here with him. I’m ready to see what this chapter of my mission brings. 

Although I’m pumped to be here in Piura, I’m I’m really sad to have left my home in Tumbes. I learned so much in my time there and met so many great people. The past two transfers that I had up there were such a blast living with Elder Thiel, Elder Schouten, and Elder Westergard. There were definitely a lot of memories made. I was also devastated to have to abandon my castle of milk cartons that I had been building for the last 4 1/2 months, haha. Tumbes will always have a special place in my heart.

Avanza Su Verdad!

Elder Bailey




















No comments:

Post a Comment

The End of an Adventure

Well, it has been a crazy, and heart-wrenching week. I am honestly without words. I never expected there to be more tears in returning ...