Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Week 12 - Transfers

Hey Everyone! 

Hope you are doing good. I officially made it through my first transfer here in the mission field. Surprise! I’m not going anywhere. Mot at least for another six weeks. I am a little nervous for next transfer though. Literally anything can happen. Elder Thompson is an elder here in Sullana and on Saturday he got the news that he is going to be training a new elder starting on Tuesday. The crazy thing is that he is only one transfer ahead of me, and is just finishing his training. So who knows what will happen. The good news is I have another 6 weeks to think about it and make my projections. ;)

This week we started teaching the nephew of a member we know. He’s 11 and his name is Darlin. He has been really receptive of what we’ve taught and we set a date for him to be baptized on the 11th of November. We also set a baptismal date for an investigator we’ve been teaching named Juan. He’s been a really good investigator so far. We should be in the baptismal font a few more times this transfer. As long as our peeps can keep progressing towards their dates. 

On Thursday we had a multi-zone conference in Piura. It was super fun and I learned a ton. President Rasmussen talked about how everybody in the Church is a leader, and how everyone has an important and sacred calling. WE also got to hear the final testimonies of all the missionaries that are heading home. They all gave powerful testimonies and it was really cool to hear them say how much they’ve grown on their missions and also how fast the time has passed for them. I’ve been thinking a lot about the time I have here on my mission, and how valuable the time is. I’ve constantly been repeating in my mind something that one of my best friends Logan Brant said to me, “We have two years to be out here, to work hard, and serve the Lord and the rest of our lives to think about what we did.” This really hit me hard and has made me want to to have absolutely no regrets about my work here in Peru. I want to serve the Lord with everything I have and be able to say that I couldn’t have done anything more. I’m grateful for this opportunity that I have and I'm going to take advantage of it and just like they said in sports growing up, I’m going to “leave it all out in the field”.

I’ll finish with a scripture I read this week in Alma 26:

12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boastof my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

I know that we, like Ammon in these scriptures, are weak. But I also know that through the Lord we can do all things, and we can bring many miracles into our lives. We should all “boast” of our God and praise him every day  for all He has given us and helps us with.

Que tengan una semana fantastica!

Nos Vemos, y TCOB

Elder Bailey








No comments:

Post a Comment

The End of an Adventure

Well, it has been a crazy, and heart-wrenching week. I am honestly without words. I never expected there to be more tears in returning ...