Monday, January 8, 2018

Week 24 - Transfers

Hey!

How’s everyone doing? Another really quick week out here. I don’t really have much to report on, but everything is going good! This week was transfers, and I am staying put with Elder Huarcaya for at least another 6 weeks to finish his training. I’m super sad, though, because Elder Bayona is leaving Sullana! We have spent 4 1/2 months together and he has been like my big brother throughout my time in the mission. He is headed for Castilla to be a zone leader. Man, I love that guy! It’s amazing how close we have gotten! He will be great as a ZL.

Everything else here in my area is going great. We have a lot of investigators that are working towards baptism! We were going to have another baptism this week, but Hermana Juan had some personal issues with his family, and had to go to Piura on Friday last minute. It was kind of a bummer, but I’m sure he will get baptized in the next few weeks. :)

Something I’ve been thinking a lot about lately is how lucky I am to be a missionary at this time. It is the coolest feeling in the world to walk down the streets of Peru with the name of Christ on my chest, and his word in my hand. Everyday I feel such a great responsibility to help every single person in this area come unto Christ. It’s a little bit overwhelming at times, but I know that God has prepared the hearts of people to receive His restored Gospel, and the blessings it brings. I’m so grateful for my mission and the blessings and changes it has brought to my life. :)

Sorry I don’t have more time to write! I’ll try to do better next week. I love you all! 

¡Avanza Su Verdad!

Elder Bailey #TakeNote











No comments:

Post a Comment

The End of an Adventure

Well, it has been a crazy, and heart-wrenching week. I am honestly without words. I never expected there to be more tears in returning ...