Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 26

Hello friends and fam!! :) 

Another quick week has flown by out here. I honestly dont have much of anything specific to update you on this week, but we are still working pretty hard out here to bring to pass the Lords work here in Peru.

On Tuesday we were able to watch the broadcast from Pres. Nelson as it was announced that he had been called as the new prophet. As I was watching and listening, I felt so strongly that this is the Lords church, and He is leading and directing us today through His servants the prophets. The Spirit spoke to me that President Russell M. Nelson truly is a prophet here in these last days, the same as every church president that preceeded him. Im so grateful for the opportunity I have to be apart of this church that is guided by a living prophet and 12 apostles of the Lord. I think we as members of the church take it for granted sometimes that we have a living prophet and twelve apostles here on the Earth today. They can directly recieve the word and will of the Lord. We should be diligently studying their words and counsels everyday!!

As far as our work goes, we are trying to find new people everyday to teach. Elder Huarcaya and I keep saying that we are looking for our next "Mercedes". I dont know if you remember, but Mercedes is the girl that we baptized about 3 or 4 weeks back. She is so awesome. She has continued to progress and has become an extremely stong member in our ward (something this ward desperately needs). Everytime we visit her, she has lots of questions about her reading in the Book of Mormon, and about the church in general. It has been so cool to see her progress from when we first knocked on her door, to her baptism, to now. She has also shown interest in leaving on a mission in the next year or two which is great. When I left on my mission, I always had this perfect scenario in my mind of finding someone, teaching them the gospel, baptizing them, and then having them progress to serve a full-time mission to teach others. Maybe this dream of mine will come true with Mercedes! ;) Man is she awesome.

Yesterday we started teaching two cousins of Aaron (12 year old that we baptized), and his little brother Josmel. It was so fun to sit with the 4 of them, all young kids, and teach them the message of the restored gospel. They all listened super closely, and had lots of questions. We made sure to teach them in a way that they could understand. We explained to them that the priesthood is kind of like super powers, and with it we can do all things haha. Its always really fun to teach little kids here. They seem to accept and understand things that the adults that we teach cant. Just like it says in the scriptures.

Well thats about it for my week! We are cooking out here everyday in the heat, but we are always trying to keep a smile on our face. Missionary work isnt easy, but it is worth it. When I am struggling to find motivation to face the day, I often think of the words of my grandpa Bailey: "There are 3 keys to success: Work, work, and work!" Those wise words always keep me going. We always need to remember that if we want success in life, it is going to require some work. :)

Tengo mucho amor para todo ustedes! Hasta la proxima semana :)

Elder Bailey







No comments:

Post a Comment

The End of an Adventure

Well, it has been a crazy, and heart-wrenching week. I am honestly without words. I never expected there to be more tears in returning ...