Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Week 32

Hello all the friends and fam! 

Another week down here in the Piura Vida. This week we worked really, really hard and made a lot of progress here in our area. Elder Randall and I are pretty excited because this week we are going to have two baptisms!! We have been teaching Kevin (age 23) and his little sister Guadalupe (age 12). They are some of the most prepared investigators I have come across here in the mission. After my first lesson with them, I asked Elder Randall, "How are they NOT members??" They have so much knowledge and understanding and have such strong testimonies and desires to choose the right. They will be baptized by their uncle on Saturday. We are stoked for that :)

We have been teaching two kids of a recent convert named Carlos. Their names are Paul and Nicole. They both are about 20 years old and really great. The best way to describe their dad Carlos is that he is your typical "gentle giant". He is one of the most Christlike people I know, and his faith is so strong. His wife passed away over a year ago, and he has the most amazing conversion story. Carlos and his kids were being taught by some of the missionaries in the neighboring ward, but they actually live in our ward boundaries. So we have been teaching them, and have helped Nicole and Paul prepare to be baptized on the 17th. We are really excited for that. There is nothing better than seeing people accept Christ into their lives and to choose to follow him. It's just a great thing to witness.

I don't know if you guys have heard, but theres some big news around here in Piura... Me and Elder Randall purchased a new fan for our room!!! Hahaha not a very big deal to those of you reading this, but ever since I got to this area, we have been cooking in our little room. We had a little fan that is probably about 20 years old that we have been using each day, but I could use my hand to fan myself better. Today we finally got a new one that feels like it's gonna blow us away. Hopefully we dont have to sweat through the nights anymore!! We are pretty dang pumped about it. :)

Once again I have no time. I have so much stuff I wanna say and write about but we never have enough time. :( And once again, I can't send any pictures this week. I'm super mad about that. I just want to end by saying that I have been thinking a lot about the attitude and words of Nephi to his father Lehi in 1 Nephi: 3 7. This scripture has helped me sooo much on my mission. It is so powerful. I love how Nephi relies on the Lord and knows how through his power, he can accomplish whatever thing the Lord commands him. I encourage you all to go study chapter 3 of 1st Nephi. There is so much to learn! 

Until next week.

Avanza Su Verdad!

Elder Bailey

#ThatWasABrick
#SoLongMattHarpring
#HelloKawhi
#HaSaliiiido

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

The End of an Adventure

Well, it has been a crazy, and heart-wrenching week. I am honestly without words. I never expected there to be more tears in returning ...