Thursday, June 28, 2018

Week 48 - Transfers!

Transfers! Well, another six weeks has rolled to an end here in the Piura Vida and this time around I have recieved a transfer way up north to Tumbes!! To be honest, I really wasnt expecting to come up here to Tumbes, but that is the fun part of transfers. As sad as I am to leave the great members, families, and friends that I made in my time in Ignacio Merino, Piura, I am excited to start this new chapter of my mission in a new place Ive never been. Im excited to see what the Lord has in store for me here. It looks like my area will be right on the beachfront, so that should be pretty sweet. Im ready to get to work. Vamos!

Well due to the transfer and 5 hour bus ride up here, Im a little cut short on time. Next week I should have lots to report on. I just want to say that I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve this mission and every day I feel the love for my Savior and this work growing more and more. I am so deeply grateful for this gospel and for the true peace and happiness it brings into my life. There is nothing that I would rather be doing right now than serving the Lord. He lives!

PS Also, during the bus ride today I was able to read "Our Search for Happiness" by M. Russell Ballard. If any of you have a little free time in the next few days, I encourage you to read it! I promise it will be worth your time. :)
Avanza Su Verdad!

Elder Bailey

“Dare to be a Mormon.

Dare to stand alone.
Dare to have a purpose firm;
Dare to make it known.”

-Thomas S. Monson


















No comments:

Post a Comment

The End of an Adventure

Well, it has been a crazy, and heart-wrenching week. I am honestly without words. I never expected there to be more tears in returning ...